Are you experiencing health challenges? Are you feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed due to recent changes in your life? Are you taking care of a loved one with health issues? I am a caring and compassionate psychologist and my goal is to help you increase the tools in your “toolbox” to best handle the unique challenges you are facing.
In my practice I focus on health and medical issues with a special emphasis on seniors. My work aims to help adults adjust to changes in their lives, be it medical, family, or a life change resulting in stress. The methods I use include cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, mindfulness, relaxation, and medical hypnosis. My specialties include:
- Use of cognitive strategies to manage chronic medical conditions
- Depression, anxiety, and stress management
- Support for caregivers and family members
- Helping family members and/or seniors adjust to life events
- Hypnosis to reduce medical symptoms
- Aid with navigating and understanding medical system
- Grief resolution
I am a Medicare provider and also take Aetna insurance. If out of pocket payment is necessary my fees are $165 per session. I see clients at my office in south Boulder and also at assisted living and skilled nursing communities in the Boulder area.